What is TrojanDownloader:Win32/Rottentu.A?
TrojanDownloader:Win32/Rottentu.A is a notorious computer threat that belongs to the family of Trojan Horse. It was designed by cyber criminals with the sole motive to earn large online money by deceiving innocent users illegally. This mainly invade all the versions of the Windows operating system, such as Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Vista and the latest version Windows 10
How does TrojanDownloader:Win32/Rottentu.A Enter Your PC?
Its infiltration is usually invisible to users. It mainly spreads through free software download such as audio, video applications and games from infected sites. Therefore, users should pay attention while installing free programs and should carefully read their installation guide. It can also be distributed through peer-to-peer file sharing, questionable websites, clicking on a malicious link, using torrent files, playing online games, and more.
How does TrojanDownloader:Win32/Rottentu.A work?
Once it installed, It changes all default settings, such as Homepage, New Tab, Search Engine, and other important settings. It also redirects the search to other suspicious sites. Because of this unpleasant threat, users may encounter various unexpected problems, such as a download error, frequent system crashes, data loss, etc.
How does TrojanDownloader:Win32/Rottentu.A affect your computer?
It mainly blocks all system security programs, such as an anti-virus and firewall system, to avoid its presence. In addition, it can open up a backdoor to invite other malware, spyware, Trojans, worms, keyloggers and other dangerous threat to the systems.
Is TrojanDownloader:Win32/Rottentu.A harmful to user authentication?
At the time when this unpleasant threat enters the system, It starts spying on your online activities, for example, which page you visit, which link you open which search queries you use, cache, and so on. It can also steal your financial and confidential information, such as bank details, log-in details, credit card details, and others for their abuse.
What Should Be Done in Case of TrojanDownloader:Win32/Rottentu.A Virus Infection?
If your system is already compromised by this ominous threat, then it is strongly recommended that you remove TrojanDownloader:Win32/Rottentu.A as soon as possible to keep your system safe and clean from future infections. Otherwise, you may no longer be able to use your system.
TrojanDownloader:Win32/Rottentu.A is classified as a perilous infection that invades into users system without their knowledge and consent. As soon as this threat infiltrates into PC it will create lots of vulnerabilities and mess up users system.
1. It will change windows registry settings and modify system files and folders.2. Apart from that it will silently inject malicious codes into toolbar and gives you trouble by displaying endless ads, pop-ups, banners, coupons and deals of different sites.3. This infection is capable of hijacking your browser and whenever you search it will redirect you to other malicious webpages.4. The worst and the most dangerous part of TrojanDownloader:Win32/Rottentu.A is that it creates a loophole for other malware and spyware to attack and take control of your PC and steal your confidential and financial information like bank account details, IP address, passwords,email ids and other documents for illegal purpose.5. Your system will hang and freeze out on a regular basis and it will take lot of time start up. It will slow down the performance of your system drastically and eat lots of RAM and CPU space.
Why Anti-virus Program Fails to Protect PC from TrojanDownloader:Win32/Rottentu.A Attack ?
Most of the anti virus programs fails to protect PC from TrojanDownloader:Win32/Rottentu.A attack because it hides itself in deepest part of your system and works in the background process and has the capacity to disable your current anti-virus program therefore they can not get detected. Additionally, keeping the anti-virus program out of date or at low security level may also be the reason for the failure in the detection of this threat.
How to remove TrojanDownloader:Win32/Rottentu.A
If this infection stays in your system for a longer period it will create further damage. So, it would be better to remove it immediately.TrojanDownloader:Win32/Rottentu.A can be removed manually or by using any tool. Manual removal is done by cyber experts and it is hard to perform. Furthermore, it sometimes fails to remove all the infections from computer. Therefore the best and most easy method to remove this virus is by using “Automatic Removal Tool” because it scans to the deepest part of the system and removes the threat completely.
Uninstall TrojanDownloader:Win32/Rottentu.A from your PC using Control Panel
To Uninstall TrojanDownloader:Win32/Rottentu.A threat using Control Panel, following are the steps given below
For Windows XP,Vista and 7STEP 1:-Click start button or windows logo and then go to control panel>program
STEP 2:- Find the related program and select it . Then click on change /removeoption.
STEP 3:- Follow the uninstall process
FOR WINDOWS 8 and 10STEP 1:- Click on search butoon>control panel>move to apps>click the desired program to uninstall
STEP 2:- Click on uninstall a program
Remove TrojanDownloader:Win32/Rottentu.A extensions or add-ons from browsersRemove and delete all the extra add-ons and extensions that is present on the browser by following these simple steps for respective browsers.
For Internet Explorer
- Start IE and click on Tools button and then go to Manage Add-ons.
- Choose unknown add-on entries associated with TrojanDownloader:Win32/Rottentu.A and remove or diable them.
- Restart IE for complete effect.
For Google Chrome
- Start chrome and then click on WRENCH or 3 horizontal bar icon at the top left cornor of the browser
- Click on tools and then Extensions located at the left side of the Panel
- Select TrojanDownloader:Win32/Rottentu.A extension and click on remove button to Uninstall this extensions
- Restart the system.
For Mozilla Firefox
- Start firefox and click on tools menu
- Then select Add-ons > Extensions
- Choose unknown add-on entries associated with TrojanDownloader:Win32/Rottentu.A and remove or disable them.
- Restart your system for steps to take effect.
Reset Browser Settings – [Optional]If users are unable to remove TrojanDownloader:Win32/Rottentu.A from PC they can also go for the reset browsers settings option. Modify your browser settings to default value this process will remove the infection completely. Please remember that it will remove all your personal settings which you have saved on the browser previously.
For Internet Explorer
- Start IE and click on Tools option then select Internet Option
- Then select internet options>advanced and click reset option
- Check delete personal settings and click reset button
- Restart your system
For Google Chrome
- Start chrome>wrench or 3 horizontal bars on the top right corner of browser
- Then settings>and click on show advanced settings
- Reset browser settings button
- Restart your system
For Mozilla Firefox
- Select Orange Firefox (or similar) button from top left corner of the Firefox window
- Click on Help>Choose Troubleshooting information
- Choose Reset Firefox option >click again to reconfirm
- Select Finish button
- Firefox will restart automatically.
Delete TrojanDownloader:Win32/Rottentu.A Using Automatic Removal Tool
Removing TrojanDownloader:Win32/Rottentu.A manually is a very difficult task as it requires deep knowledge of system files. That’s why to remove this infection Choosing “Automatic Removal Tool” is much more better option because It is simple, user friendly and trustworthy which can be used by beginners also. Automatic removal tool is designed in such a way that it removes the threat completely and to the core. Moreover, it protects the PC from future attack.
Now a days cyber crooks are finding new and advanced techniques to spreed different kinds of malware and viruses which are very dangerous in nature hence automatic removal tool delete TrojanDownloader:Win32/Rottentu.A from the system effectively along with all the extensions and add-ons but it is necessary to take proper precautions while surfing the internet and installing any program in your system. By being attentive and keeping awareness you can decrease the possibility of virus attacks. Below are some of the basic security measures you can follow and keep your PC safe.
- Update your operating system regularly
- Turn on safe browsing function
- Install a powerful anti-virus program and keep it up to date
- Always choose custom and advanced installation option
- Avoid clicking on unwanted ads,pop-ups and any malicious links