Threat Assessment of StalinLocker Ransomware:-
- Type: Ransomware
- Invasion Method: Comes bundled with free programs, spam emails, pen drives etc.
- Wild Level: High
- Geographical Distribution: Global
- Danger Level: Medium
- Common Symptoms: Encrypts all the stored files or documents and demands ransom money to decrypt them
- Infected Operating System: Different versions of Windows
- Removal: Difficult
What is StalinLocker Ransomware?
StalinLocker Ransomware is a hazardous ransomware which is recently in news for performing malicious activities in the system. Mainly, it targets different versions of Windows based system and carries ability to encrypt all the files, folders, images, video, audio, Database etc. StalinLocker Ransomware uses high level algorithms to encrypt your important files and makes them completely inaccessible. Even more, it also appends its extensions in the file names and displays error messages when you will try to view them. This threat will create a ransom note on the desktop and displays that your files have been encrypted and you need to buy the decryption key to unlock them. It demands a ransom amount and asks the users to pay the money within certain time period. It claims that it is the only way to get back the files and if you will opt any other method then your files will be deleted from the server. StalinLocker Ransomware is unsafe for the system, so try to remove its presence immediately after detection.
Users need to aware that StalinLocker Ransomware is only a scam of the third party hackers which should not be trusted by the users. If you will proceed to make payment then hackers will secretly gain your sensitive information and send them to the third party servers. The worst part is that even after sending money, you will not be able to decrypt the files. In reality, it is impossible to recover the files which has been encrypted by the ransomware. In such a circumstances, you will lose your important files as well as personal identity. By sending money, you will only help the hackers to grow their business. In its presence, you will also detect changes in the default settings of the PC and abnormal behavior of the system in which normal working is quite difficult. So, if you don’t want to pay heavy penalty in future then remove StalinLocker Ransomware immediately instead of sending money to the remote hackers.
StalinLocker Ransomware is classified as a perilous infection that invades into users system without their knowledge and consent. As soon as this threat infiltrates into PC it will create lots of vulnerabilities and mess up users system.
1. It will change windows registry settings and modify system files and folders.
2. Apart from that it will silently inject malicious codes into toolbar and gives you trouble by displaying endless ads, pop-ups, banners, coupons and deals of different sites.
3. This infection is capable of hijacking your browser and whenever you search it will redirect you to other malicious webpages.
4. The worst and the most dangerous part of StalinLocker Ransomware is that it creates a loophole for other malware and spyware to attack and take control of your PC and steal your confidential and financial information like bank account details, IP address, passwords,email ids and other documents for illegal purpose.
5. Your system will hang and freeze out on a regular basis and it will take lot of time start up. It will slow down the performance of your system drastically and eat lots of RAM and CPU space.
Why Anti-virus Program Fails to Protect PC from StalinLocker Ransomware Attack ?
Most of the anti virus programs fails to protect PC from StalinLocker Ransomware attack because it hides itself in deepest part of your system and works in the background process and has the capacity to disable your current anti-virus program therefore they can not get detected. Additionally, keeping the anti-virus program out of date or at low security level may also be the reason for the failure in the detection of this threat.
How to remove StalinLocker Ransomware
If this infection stays in your system for a longer period it will create further damage. So, it would be better to remove it immediately.StalinLocker Ransomware can be removed manually or by using any tool. Manual removal is done by cyber experts and it is hard to perform. Furthermore, it sometimes fails to remove all the infections from computer. Therefore the best and most easy method to remove this virus is by using “Automatic Removal Tool” because it scans to the deepest part of the system and removes the threat completely.
Uninstall StalinLocker Ransomware from your PC using Control Panel
To Uninstall StalinLocker Ransomware threat using Control Panel, following are the steps given below
For Windows XP,Vista and 7
STEP 1:-Click start button or windows logo and then go to control panel
STEP 2:- Find the related program and select it . Then click on change /remove
STEP 3:- Follow the uninstall process
FOR WINDOWS 8 and 10
STEP 1:- Click on search butoon>control panel>move to apps>click the desired program to uninstall
STEP 2:- Click on uninstall a program
Remove StalinLocker Ransomware extensions or add-ons from browsers
Remove and delete all the extra add-ons and extensions that is present on the browser by following these simple steps for respective browsers.
For Internet Explorer
- Start IE and click on Tools button and then go to Manage Add-ons.
- Choose unknown add-on entries associated with StalinLocker Ransomware and remove or diable them.
- Restart IE for complete effect.
For Google Chrome
- Start chrome and then click on WRENCH or 3 horizontal bar icon at the top left cornor of the browser
- Click on tools and then Extensions located at the left side of the Panel
- Select StalinLocker Ransomware extension and click on remove button to Uninstall this extensions
- Restart the system.
For Mozilla Firefox
- Start firefox and click on tools menu
- Then select Add-ons > Extensions
- Choose unknown add-on entries associated with StalinLocker Ransomware and remove or disable them.
- Restart your system for steps to take effect.
Delete StalinLocker Ransomware Using Automatic Removal Tool
Removing StalinLocker Ransomware manually is a very difficult task as it requires deep knowledge of system files. That’s why to remove this infection Choosing “Automatic Removal Tool” is much more better option because It is simple, user friendly and trustworthy which can be used by beginners also. Automatic removal tool is designed in such a way that it removes the threat completely and to the core. Moreover, it protects the PC from future attack.
1. Firstly, download and install “Automatic Removal Tool” into the infected PC and double click to start the program.
2. Scanning process bar will be seen on your screen
3. List of all the infections including StalinLocker Ransomware that has been found will be previewed after completion of scanning process.
4. Click on Remove button to remove all that infections found.
5. After removing all the threats from the PC, restart the computer to work smoothly.
Reset Browser Settings – [Optional]
If users are unable to remove StalinLocker Ransomware from PC they can also go for the reset browsers settings option. Modify your browser settings to default value this process will remove the infection completely. Please remember that it will remove all your personal settings which you have saved on the browser previously.
For Internet Explorer
- Start IE and click on Tools option then select Internet Option
- Then select internet options>advanced and click reset option
- Check delete personal settings and click reset button
- Restart your system
For Google Chrome
- Start chrome>wrench or 3 horizontal bars on the top right corner of browser
- Then settings>and click on show advanced settings
- Reset browser settings button
- Restart your system
For Mozilla Firefox
- Select Orange Firefox (or similar) button from top left corner of the Firefox window
- Click on Help>Choose Troubleshooting information
- Choose Reset Firefox option >click again to reconfirm
- Select Finish button
- Firefox will restart automatically.
Now a days cyber crooks are finding new and advanced techniques to spreed different kinds of malware and viruses which are very dangerous in nature hence automatic removal tool delete StalinLocker Ransomware from the system effectively along with all the extensions and add-ons but it is necessary to take proper precautions while surfing the internet and installing any program in your system. By being attentive and keeping awareness you can decrease the possibility of virus attacks. Below are some of the basic security measures you can follow and keep your PC safe.
- Update your operating system regularly
- Turn on safe browsing function
- Install a powerful anti-virus program and keep it up to date
- Always choose custom and advanced installation option
- Avoid clicking on unwanted ads,pop-ups and any malicious links