If you are completely fed up with the automatic redirection of the search results to Search.searchfecc.com then you have reached on perfect location. In this guide, you will learn complete information about the hijacker, how it sneaked in the system, consequences of the infection and the best method to remove its existence. You just need to follow all the steps carefully to protect the PC.
Search.searchfecc.com is a notorious infection which comes under the category of browser hijacker. It claims to enhance the online session of the users by providing fastest search results. Even more, you will find a search bar on its homepage which looks like real. You need to know that it will only mislead the surfing session of the users to the malicious sites of the third parties. Instead of showing results based on your search query, it will display completely different results. Your screen will filled with variety of unstoppable pop ups and advertisements on the screen. It displays promotional alerts and convinces the users to download the latest version of media player, antivirus, java version etc. You need to be careful because downloading program from its links will bring bundles of malicious threats in the system. Therefore, you should try to remove Search.searchfecc.com instantly after detection from the infected PC.
Search.searchfecc.com also carries to open several new tabs in the web browser which results to crashing of the operating system. Even more, it will place its own extension in Chrome Firefox or IE. This hijacker is also capable to perform changes in the default settings of the PC, homepage, privacy settings, DNS configurations etc. Additionally, users will find difficulty in visiting their favourite or legitimate sites. This threat works from background and carries ability to execute itself automatically when you will boot the PC. The running speed of the system will also start to degrade gradually in which opening a file on time is also difficult for the users. Apart from damaging the system, it can also collect your sensitive information and send them to the remote location server. So, it is essential for the users to delete Search.searchfecc.com quickly to avoid further troubles.
Search.searchfecc.com is classified as a perilous infection that invades into users system without their knowledge and consent. As soon as this threat infiltrates into PC it will create lots of vulnerabilities and mess up users system.
1. It will change windows registry settings and modify system files and folders.
2. Apart from that it will silently inject malicious codes into toolbar and gives you trouble by displaying endless ads, pop-ups, banners, coupons and deals of different sites.
3. This infection is capable of hijacking your browser and whenever you search it will redirect you to other malicious webpages.
4. The worst and the most dangerous part of Search.searchfecc.com is that it creates a loophole for other malware and spyware to attack and take control of your PC and steal your confidential and financial information like bank account details, IP address, passwords,email ids and other documents for illegal purpose.
5. Your system will hang and freeze out on a regular basis and it will take lot of time start up. It will slow down the performance of your system drastically and eat lots of RAM and CPU space.
Why Anti-virus Program Fails to Protect PC from Search.searchfecc.com Attack ?
Most of the anti virus programs fails to protect PC from Search.searchfecc.com attack because it hides itself in deepest part of your system and works in the background process and has the capacity to disable your current anti-virus program therefore they can not get detected. Additionally, keeping the anti-virus program out of date or at low security level may also be the reason for the failure in the detection of this threat.
How to remove Search.searchfecc.com
If this infection stays in your system for a longer period it will create further damage. So, it would be better to remove it immediately.Search.searchfecc.com can be removed manually or by using any tool. Manual removal is done by cyber experts and it is hard to perform. Furthermore, it sometimes fails to remove all the infections from computer. Therefore the best and most easy method to remove this virus is by using “Automatic Removal Tool” because it scans to the deepest part of the system and removes the threat completely.
Uninstall Search.searchfecc.com from your PC using Control Panel
To Uninstall Search.searchfecc.com threat using Control Panel, following are the steps given below
For Windows XP,Vista and 7
STEP 1:-Click start button or windows logo and then go to control panel
STEP 2:- Find the related program and select it . Then click on change /remove
STEP 3:- Follow the uninstall process
FOR WINDOWS 8 and 10
STEP 1:- Click on search butoon>control panel>move to apps>click the desired program to uninstall
STEP 2:- Click on uninstall a program
Remove Search.searchfecc.com extensions or add-ons from browsers
Remove and delete all the extra add-ons and extensions that is present on the browser by following these simple steps for respective browsers.
For Internet Explorer
- Start IE and click on Tools button and then go to Manage Add-ons.
- Choose unknown add-on entries associated with Search.searchfecc.com and remove or diable them.
- Restart IE for complete effect.
For Google Chrome
- Start chrome and then click on WRENCH or 3 horizontal bar icon at the top left cornor of the browser
- Click on tools and then Extensions located at the left side of the Panel
- Select Search.searchfecc.com extension and click on remove button to Uninstall this extensions
- Restart the system.
For Mozilla Firefox
- Start firefox and click on tools menu
- Then select Add-ons > Extensions
- Choose unknown add-on entries associated with Search.searchfecc.com and remove or disable them.
- Restart your system for steps to take effect.
Delete Search.searchfecc.com Using Automatic Removal Tool
Removing Search.searchfecc.com manually is a very difficult task as it requires deep knowledge of system files. That’s why to remove this infection Choosing “Automatic Removal Tool” is much more better option because It is simple, user friendly and trustworthy which can be used by beginners also. Automatic removal tool is designed in such a way that it removes the threat completely and to the core. Moreover, it protects the PC from future attack.
1. Firstly, download and install “Automatic Removal Tool” into the infected PC and double click to start the program.
2. Scanning process bar will be seen on your screen
3. List of all the infections including Search.searchfecc.com that has been found will be previewed after completion of scanning process.
4. Click on Remove button to remove all that infections found.
5. After removing all the threats from the PC, restart the computer to work smoothly.
Reset Browser Settings – [Optional]
If users are unable to remove Search.searchfecc.com from PC they can also go for the reset browsers settings option. Modify your browser settings to default value this process will remove the infection completely. Please remember that it will remove all your personal settings which you have saved on the browser previously.
For Internet Explorer
- Start IE and click on Tools option then select Internet Option
- Then select internet options>advanced and click reset option
- Check delete personal settings and click reset button
- Restart your system
For Google Chrome
- Start chrome>wrench or 3 horizontal bars on the top right corner of browser
- Then settings>and click on show advanced settings
- Reset browser settings button
- Restart your system
For Mozilla Firefox
- Select Orange Firefox (or similar) button from top left corner of the Firefox window
- Click on Help>Choose Troubleshooting information
- Choose Reset Firefox option >click again to reconfirm
- Select Finish button
- Firefox will restart automatically.
Now a days cyber crooks are finding new and advanced techniques to spreed different kinds of malware and viruses which are very dangerous in nature hence automatic removal tool delete Search.searchfecc.com from the system effectively along with all the extensions and add-ons but it is necessary to take proper precautions while surfing the internet and installing any program in your system. By being attentive and keeping awareness you can decrease the possibility of virus attacks. Below are some of the basic security measures you can follow and keep your PC safe.
- Update your operating system regularly
- Turn on safe browsing function
- Install a powerful anti-virus program and keep it up to date
- Always choose custom and advanced installation option
- Avoid clicking on unwanted ads,pop-ups and any malicious links