PTP Ransomware is a common version of the HiddenTear code that was uploaded to the Internet in August 2015 as the open source ransomware. PTP Ransomware appeared in cybersecurity reports of August 8, 2018, and appears to be under development. Code snippets that have been extracted from the threat suggest that it was made by hackers of South Korean origin. It is specially designed to encrypt images, audios, videos, PDF, spreadsheet, presentation, text, and others. PC users are highly advised to avoid spam and questionable software updates for Java to minimize the chances of infecting PTP Ransomware. Once it gets activated, it performs a deep scanning of the system in search of files and encrypts them. It uses the combination of AES and RSA Encrypting algorithm to locks the files and adds the ‘.PTPRansomware’ string to the every locked file.
Soon after successfully encryption, it drops a ransom note named as ‘READ_IT.TXT’ in which hackers say that
‘Made by KimApple,
You have been infected with PTP Ransomware
The file was sucked into construction
PTP Ransomware will come back
The computer has become a fool
According to the Security Experts, the users should not deal with the hackers and never try to fulfill any demands of the hackers. As there is no any guarantee to unlock all the data even after fulfill all the demands of the hackers. Even worst, they may gather your personal and financial information such as bank details, credit card details, email contacts, IP address and other sensitive details for their evil use. In addition, it blocks all the system security related program such as firewall, internet security, and firewall of the system. Moreover, it can open a backdoor to invites other dangerous threat to put the system at high risk. So it is necessary to remove PTP Ransomware as soon as possible to keep your system safe and clean against future infection. Otherwise, you may suffer from a great financial loss.
PTP Ransomware is classified as a perilous infection that invades into users system without their knowledge and consent. As soon as this threat infiltrates into PC it will create lots of vulnerabilities and mess up users system.
1. It will change windows registry settings and modify system files and folders.2. Apart from that it will silently inject malicious codes into toolbar and gives you trouble by displaying endless ads, pop-ups, banners, coupons and deals of different sites.3. This infection is capable of hijacking your browser and whenever you search it will redirect you to other malicious webpages.4. The worst and the most dangerous part of PTP Ransomware is that it creates a loophole for other malware and spyware to attack and take control of your PC and steal your confidential and financial information like bank account details, IP address, passwords,email ids and other documents for illegal purpose.5. Your system will hang and freeze out on a regular basis and it will take lot of time start up. It will slow down the performance of your system drastically and eat lots of RAM and CPU space.
Why Anti-virus Program Fails to Protect PC from PTP Ransomware Attack ?
Most of the anti virus programs fails to protect PC from PTP Ransomware attack because it hides itself in deepest part of your system and works in the background process and has the capacity to disable your current anti-virus program therefore they can not get detected. Additionally, keeping the anti-virus program out of date or at low security level may also be the reason for the failure in the detection of this threat.
How to remove PTP Ransomware
If this infection stays in your system for a longer period it will create further damage. So, it would be better to remove it immediately.PTP Ransomware can be removed manually or by using any tool. Manual removal is done by cyber experts and it is hard to perform. Furthermore, it sometimes fails to remove all the infections from computer. Therefore the best and most easy method to remove this virus is by using “Automatic Removal Tool” because it scans to the deepest part of the system and removes the threat completely.
Uninstall PTP Ransomware from your PC using Control Panel
To Uninstall PTP Ransomware threat using Control Panel, following are the steps given below
For Windows XP,Vista and 7STEP 1:-Click start button or windows logo and then go to control panel>program
STEP 2:- Find the related program and select it . Then click on change /removeoption.
STEP 3:- Follow the uninstall process
FOR WINDOWS 8 and 10STEP 1:- Click on search butoon>control panel>move to apps>click the desired program to uninstall
STEP 2:- Click on uninstall a program
Remove PTP Ransomware extensions or add-ons from browsersRemove and delete all the extra add-ons and extensions that is present on the browser by following these simple steps for respective browsers.
For Internet Explorer
- Start IE and click on Tools button and then go to Manage Add-ons.
- Choose unknown add-on entries associated with PTP Ransomware and remove or diable them.
- Restart IE for complete effect.
For Google Chrome
- Start chrome and then click on WRENCH or 3 horizontal bar icon at the top left cornor of the browser
- Click on tools and then Extensions located at the left side of the Panel
- Select PTP Ransomware extension and click on remove button to Uninstall this extensions
- Restart the system.
For Mozilla Firefox
- Start firefox and click on tools menu
- Then select Add-ons > Extensions
- Choose unknown add-on entries associated with PTP Ransomware and remove or disable them.
- Restart your system for steps to take effect.
Reset Browser Settings – [Optional]If users are unable to remove PTP Ransomware from PC they can also go for the reset browsers settings option. Modify your browser settings to default value this process will remove the infection completely. Please remember that it will remove all your personal settings which you have saved on the browser previously.
For Internet Explorer
- Start IE and click on Tools option then select Internet Option
- Then select internet options>advanced and click reset option
- Check delete personal settings and click reset button
- Restart your system
For Google Chrome
- Start chrome>wrench or 3 horizontal bars on the top right corner of browser
- Then settings>and click on show advanced settings
- Reset browser settings button
- Restart your system
For Mozilla Firefox
- Select Orange Firefox (or similar) button from top left corner of the Firefox window
- Click on Help>Choose Troubleshooting information
- Choose Reset Firefox option >click again to reconfirm
- Select Finish button
- Firefox will restart automatically.
Delete PTP Ransomware Using Automatic Removal Tool
Removing PTP Ransomware manually is a very difficult task as it requires deep knowledge of system files. That’s why to remove this infection Choosing “Automatic Removal Tool” is much more better option because It is simple, user friendly and trustworthy which can be used by beginners also. Automatic removal tool is designed in such a way that it removes the threat completely and to the core. Moreover, it protects the PC from future attack.
Now a days cyber crooks are finding new and advanced techniques to spreed different kinds of malware and viruses which are very dangerous in nature hence automatic removal tool delete PTP Ransomware from the system effectively along with all the extensions and add-ons but it is necessary to take proper precautions while surfing the internet and installing any program in your system. By being attentive and keeping awareness you can decrease the possibility of virus attacks. Below are some of the basic security measures you can follow and keep your PC safe.
- Update your operating system regularly
- Turn on safe browsing function
- Install a powerful anti-virus program and keep it up to date
- Always choose custom and advanced installation option
- Avoid clicking on unwanted ads,pop-ups and any malicious links