Assessment of the threat
- Name: Browsersecurely.com
- Type: Browser Hijacker
- Removal: Difficult
- Short Description: This is an infectious browser hijacker that redirects your search to other suspicious websites.
- Distribution mode: playing online games, sharing files with an infected USB drive, downloading a freeware from infected sites, shareware and more.
Browsersecurely.com is a very malicious domain that has been identified as a Browser Hijacker. It pretends to be a legitimate website that claims to improve your web access by providing a best and relevant search results. In fact, it’s a fake domain that is invented by a team of remote hackers with the sole motive to illegally deceive innocent users. It silently slips into the target PC and performs a lot of harmful actions inside the system. Once activated, Browsersecurely.com will Hijack all known browsers such as Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Opera and even Safari. After that, it will change the entire system’s internal configuration, such as a home page, a new tab, and other important settings. It is usually attached to the system toolbar, plug-ins, add-ins, and more.
Browsersecurely.com is a very harmful computer infection that is inserted into the system with free software packages such as Adobe Reader, flash player, video downloader and PDF makers, which is downloading and installed from infected sites. Therefore, users should pay attention while installing a freeware program, and carefully read the installation guide, as well as select advanced options. It can also be distributed through attachments of junk mail, infected sites, peer-to-peer file access, use of pirated software, torrent files, and others without permission. Browsersecurely.com can track all online activities and collect your personal and financial information, such as bank details, credit card details, e-mail addresses, IP addresses and other confidential data for abuse. Therefore, it is strongly recommended that you remove Browsersecurely.com as soon as possible to make your system safe and clean.
Browsersecurely.com is classified as a perilous infection that invades into users system without their knowledge and consent. As soon as this threat infiltrates into PC it will create lots of vulnerabilities and mess up users system.
1. It will change windows registry settings and modify system files and folders.2. Apart from that it will silently inject malicious codes into toolbar and gives you trouble by displaying endless ads, pop-ups, banners, coupons and deals of different sites.3. This infection is capable of hijacking your browser and whenever you search it will redirect you to other malicious webpages.4. The worst and the most dangerous part of Browsersecurely.com is that it creates a loophole for other malware and spyware to attack and take control of your PC and steal your confidential and financial information like bank account details, IP address, passwords,email ids and other documents for illegal purpose.5. Your system will hang and freeze out on a regular basis and it will take lot of time start up. It will slow down the performance of your system drastically and eat lots of RAM and CPU space.
Why Anti-virus Program Fails to Protect PC from Browsersecurely.com Attack ?
Most of the anti virus programs fails to protect PC from Browsersecurely.com attack because it hides itself in deepest part of your system and works in the background process and has the capacity to disable your current anti-virus program therefore they can not get detected. Additionally, keeping the anti-virus program out of date or at low security level may also be the reason for the failure in the detection of this threat.
How to remove Browsersecurely.com
If this infection stays in your system for a longer period it will create further damage. So, it would be better to remove it immediately.Browsersecurely.com can be removed manually or by using any tool. Manual removal is done by cyber experts and it is hard to perform. Furthermore, it sometimes fails to remove all the infections from computer. Therefore the best and most easy method to remove this virus is by using “Automatic Removal Tool” because it scans to the deepest part of the system and removes the threat completely.
Uninstall Browsersecurely.com from your PC using Control Panel
To Uninstall Browsersecurely.com threat using Control Panel, following are the steps given below
For Windows XP,Vista and 7STEP 1:-Click start button or windows logo and then go to control panel>program
STEP 2:- Find the related program and select it . Then click on change /removeoption.
STEP 3:- Follow the uninstall process
FOR WINDOWS 8 and 10STEP 1:- Click on search butoon>control panel>move to apps>click the desired program to uninstall
STEP 2:- Click on uninstall a program
Remove Browsersecurely.com extensions or add-ons from browsersRemove and delete all the extra add-ons and extensions that is present on the browser by following these simple steps for respective browsers.
For Internet Explorer
- Start IE and click on Tools button and then go to Manage Add-ons.
- Choose unknown add-on entries associated with Browsersecurely.com and remove or diable them.
- Restart IE for complete effect.
For Google Chrome
- Start chrome and then click on WRENCH or 3 horizontal bar icon at the top left cornor of the browser
- Click on tools and then Extensions located at the left side of the Panel
- Select Browsersecurely.com extension and click on remove button to Uninstall this extensions
- Restart the system.
For Mozilla Firefox
- Start firefox and click on tools menu
- Then select Add-ons > Extensions
- Choose unknown add-on entries associated with Browsersecurely.com and remove or disable them.
- Restart your system for steps to take effect.
Reset Browser Settings – [Optional]If users are unable to remove Browsersecurely.com from PC they can also go for the reset browsers settings option. Modify your browser settings to default value this process will remove the infection completely. Please remember that it will remove all your personal settings which you have saved on the browser previously.
For Internet Explorer
- Start IE and click on Tools option then select Internet Option
- Then select internet options>advanced and click reset option
- Check delete personal settings and click reset button
- Restart your system
For Google Chrome
- Start chrome>wrench or 3 horizontal bars on the top right corner of browser
- Then settings>and click on show advanced settings
- Reset browser settings button
- Restart your system
For Mozilla Firefox
- Select Orange Firefox (or similar) button from top left corner of the Firefox window
- Click on Help>Choose Troubleshooting information
- Choose Reset Firefox option >click again to reconfirm
- Select Finish button
- Firefox will restart automatically.
Delete Browsersecurely.com Using Automatic Removal Tool
Removing Browsersecurely.com manually is a very difficult task as it requires deep knowledge of system files. That’s why to remove this infection Choosing “Automatic Removal Tool” is much more better option because It is simple, user friendly and trustworthy which can be used by beginners also. Automatic removal tool is designed in such a way that it removes the threat completely and to the core. Moreover, it protects the PC from future attack.
Now a days cyber crooks are finding new and advanced techniques to spreed different kinds of malware and viruses which are very dangerous in nature hence automatic removal tool delete Browsersecurely.com from the system effectively along with all the extensions and add-ons but it is necessary to take proper precautions while surfing the internet and installing any program in your system. By being attentive and keeping awareness you can decrease the possibility of virus attacks. Below are some of the basic security measures you can follow and keep your PC safe.
- Update your operating system regularly
- Turn on safe browsing function
- Install a powerful anti-virus program and keep it up to date
- Always choose custom and advanced installation option
- Avoid clicking on unwanted ads,pop-ups and any malicious links