My Windows PC has been infected with BlackHeart Ransomware which has encrypted my important files or documents. It says that i need to pay $200 via Bitcoins to restore my encrypted data. I can’t understand why should i need to pay for my own files. I have tried hard to remove the ransomware from the system but ended up with failure. Please help me to remove BlackHeart Ransomware from the PC. How can i get back my data without paying the fine. All the advise will be strongly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
BlackHeart Ransomware is a vicious ransomware which has recently created havoc amongst the users. It is distributed via different channels and usually comes attached with spam emails as an attachments. Once BlackHeart Ransomware gets installed, it will make use of AES encryption algorithms to encrypt all types of files including folders, images, videos, documents, audio files, database and many more. After successful encryption, it will append “.pay2me” or “.BlackRouter” extension in the file names. These files will become inaccessible and starts to generate unstoppable pop ups and advertisements on the screen. This threat will generate 2 ransom note on the desktop i.e. one is in text file namely “ReadME-BlackHeart.txt” and other one in a program with title “Black Heart – Your Files Crypted”. BlackHeart Ransomware asks the users to pay 200$ or 0.024BTC to restore the files.
Even more, BlackHeart Ransomware asks the users to send the personal key to its email address i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org and provides a BTC Transfer address. When it comes to important files, many users proceed to make payment but you need to know that it is only a scam of the third party hackers which should not be trusted by the users. In reality, payment will not help you because it is almost impossible task to recover the encrypted files. When you will proceed to make payment from its links then hackers will secretly collect your credential information related to bank account number, password, user names, credit card details etc. By sending money, you will only help the hackers to grow their business. This threat also poses worst impacts on the system identity. Hence, if you don’t want to pay heavy penalty in future then remove BlackHeart Ransomware completely without wasting a single moment.
BlackHeart Ransomware is classified as a perilous infection that invades into users system without their knowledge and consent. As soon as this threat infiltrates into PC it will create lots of vulnerabilities and mess up users system.
1. It will change windows registry settings and modify system files and folders.
2. Apart from that it will silently inject malicious codes into toolbar and gives you trouble by displaying endless ads, pop-ups, banners, coupons and deals of different sites.
3. This infection is capable of hijacking your browser and whenever you search it will redirect you to other malicious webpages.
4. The worst and the most dangerous part of BlackHeart Ransomware is that it creates a loophole for other malware and spyware to attack and take control of your PC and steal your confidential and financial information like bank account details, IP address, passwords,email ids and other documents for illegal purpose.
5. Your system will hang and freeze out on a regular basis and it will take lot of time start up. It will slow down the performance of your system drastically and eat lots of RAM and CPU space.
Why Anti-virus Program Fails to Protect PC from BlackHeart Ransomware Attack ?
Most of the anti virus programs fails to protect PC from BlackHeart Ransomware attack because it hides itself in deepest part of your system and works in the background process and has the capacity to disable your current anti-virus program therefore they can not get detected. Additionally, keeping the anti-virus program out of date or at low security level may also be the reason for the failure in the detection of this threat.
How to remove BlackHeart Ransomware
If this infection stays in your system for a longer period it will create further damage. So, it would be better to remove it immediately.BlackHeart Ransomware can be removed manually or by using any tool. Manual removal is done by cyber experts and it is hard to perform. Furthermore, it sometimes fails to remove all the infections from computer. Therefore the best and most easy method to remove this virus is by using “Automatic Removal Tool” because it scans to the deepest part of the system and removes the threat completely.
Uninstall BlackHeart Ransomware from your PC using Control Panel
To Uninstall BlackHeart Ransomware threat using Control Panel, following are the steps given below
For Windows XP,Vista and 7
STEP 1:-Click start button or windows logo and then go to control panel
STEP 2:- Find the related program and select it . Then click on change /remove
STEP 3:- Follow the uninstall process
FOR WINDOWS 8 and 10
STEP 1:- Click on search butoon>control panel>move to apps>click the desired program to uninstall
STEP 2:- Click on uninstall a program
Remove BlackHeart Ransomware extensions or add-ons from browsers
Remove and delete all the extra add-ons and extensions that is present on the browser by following these simple steps for respective browsers.
For Internet Explorer
- Start IE and click on Tools button and then go to Manage Add-ons.
- Choose unknown add-on entries associated with BlackHeart Ransomware and remove or diable them.
- Restart IE for complete effect.
For Google Chrome
- Start chrome and then click on WRENCH or 3 horizontal bar icon at the top left cornor of the browser
- Click on tools and then Extensions located at the left side of the Panel
- Select BlackHeart Ransomware extension and click on remove button to Uninstall this extensions
- Restart the system.
For Mozilla Firefox
- Start firefox and click on tools menu
- Then select Add-ons > Extensions
- Choose unknown add-on entries associated with BlackHeart Ransomware and remove or disable them.
- Restart your system for steps to take effect.
Delete BlackHeart Ransomware Using Automatic Removal Tool
Removing BlackHeart Ransomware manually is a very difficult task as it requires deep knowledge of system files. That’s why to remove this infection Choosing “Automatic Removal Tool” is much more better option because It is simple, user friendly and trustworthy which can be used by beginners also. Automatic removal tool is designed in such a way that it removes the threat completely and to the core. Moreover, it protects the PC from future attack.
1. Firstly, download and install “Automatic Removal Tool” into the infected PC and double click to start the program.
2. Scanning process bar will be seen on your screen
3. List of all the infections including BlackHeart Ransomware that has been found will be previewed after completion of scanning process.
4. Click on Remove button to remove all that infections found.
5. After removing all the threats from the PC, restart the computer to work smoothly.
Reset Browser Settings – [Optional]
If users are unable to remove BlackHeart Ransomware from PC they can also go for the reset browsers settings option. Modify your browser settings to default value this process will remove the infection completely. Please remember that it will remove all your personal settings which you have saved on the browser previously.
For Internet Explorer
- Start IE and click on Tools option then select Internet Option
- Then select internet options>advanced and click reset option
- Check delete personal settings and click reset button
- Restart your system
For Google Chrome
- Start chrome>wrench or 3 horizontal bars on the top right corner of browser
- Then settings>and click on show advanced settings
- Reset browser settings button
- Restart your system
For Mozilla Firefox
- Select Orange Firefox (or similar) button from top left corner of the Firefox window
- Click on Help>Choose Troubleshooting information
- Choose Reset Firefox option >click again to reconfirm
- Select Finish button
- Firefox will restart automatically.
Now a days cyber crooks are finding new and advanced techniques to spreed different kinds of malware and viruses which are very dangerous in nature hence automatic removal tool delete BlackHeart Ransomware from the system effectively along with all the extensions and add-ons but it is necessary to take proper precautions while surfing the internet and installing any program in your system. By being attentive and keeping awareness you can decrease the possibility of virus attacks. Below are some of the basic security measures you can follow and keep your PC safe.
- Update your operating system regularly
- Turn on safe browsing function
- Install a powerful anti-virus program and keep it up to date
- Always choose custom and advanced installation option
- Avoid clicking on unwanted ads,pop-ups and any malicious links