What is Backdoor.Win32.zepfod.yy?
Backdoor.Win32.zepfod.yy is classified as backdoor trojan infection which is recently seen in different versions of Windows based system. It has been created by the cyber criminals with malignant intentions to earn illegal profits by fooling the innocent users.
How Backdoor.Win32.zepfod.yy infiltrates in the system?
This threat has capability to exploit the vulnerabilities in order to invade in the system. It enters in the PC attached with spam emails, pen drives, free software etc. Even more, sharing files on P2P networks, clicking on suspicious links by visiting unauthorized and many more. Executable code attacks or presence of other malicious programs can make your system infected.
What are the consequences of Backdoor.Win32.zepfod.yy?
Once gets installed, it will open a backdoor in the system and allow its creators for unauthorized access of your PC, web cam, email accounts and many more. Additionally, it can secretly monitor your online session and collect the credential data including bank account number, passwords, credit card details etc.
What are the ill-effects of Backdoor.Win32.zepfod.yy on PC?
In its presence, you will not be able to perform any normal task on the system. It carries ability to slow down the running speed, disable installed programs as well as security tools, modifies registry entries, shows error message on installing new applications and many more. You may also find lots of suspicious files, folders, icons or shortcuts at different location of the system.
Why you should remove Backdoor.Win32.zepfod.yy?
This threat is also responsible for creating fake processes in the task manager. It will results to regular crashing or freezing of the operating system. Moreover, you will also notice that PC will automatically restart itself at some time intervals. Its long time existence will lead the system to destructive situations and harms the personal identity of the users.
What you should do after detecting Backdoor.Win32.zepfod.yy in the PC?
If you have detected any of the symptoms of Backdoor.Win32.zepfod.yy in your PC then take immediate action in its permanent removal otherwise you have to pay heavy penalty in future.
Backdoor.Win32.zepfod.yy is classified as a perilous infection that invades into users system without their knowledge and consent. As soon as this threat infiltrates into PC it will create lots of vulnerabilities and mess up users system.
1. It will change windows registry settings and modify system files and folders.
2. Apart from that it will silently inject malicious codes into toolbar and gives you trouble by displaying endless ads, pop-ups, banners, coupons and deals of different sites.
3. This infection is capable of hijacking your browser and whenever you search it will redirect you to other malicious webpages.
4. The worst and the most dangerous part of Backdoor.Win32.zepfod.yy is that it creates a loophole for other malware and spyware to attack and take control of your PC and steal your confidential and financial information like bank account details, IP address, passwords,email ids and other documents for illegal purpose.
5. Your system will hang and freeze out on a regular basis and it will take lot of time start up. It will slow down the performance of your system drastically and eat lots of RAM and CPU space.
Why Anti-virus Program Fails to Protect PC from Backdoor.Win32.zepfod.yy Attack ?
Most of the anti virus programs fails to protect PC from Backdoor.Win32.zepfod.yy attack because it hides itself in deepest part of your system and works in the background process and has the capacity to disable your current anti-virus program therefore they can not get detected. Additionally, keeping the anti-virus program out of date or at low security level may also be the reason for the failure in the detection of this threat.
How to remove Backdoor.Win32.zepfod.yy
If this infection stays in your system for a longer period it will create further damage. So, it would be better to remove it immediately.Backdoor.Win32.zepfod.yy can be removed manually or by using any tool. Manual removal is done by cyber experts and it is hard to perform. Furthermore, it sometimes fails to remove all the infections from computer. Therefore the best and most easy method to remove this virus is by using “Automatic Removal Tool” because it scans to the deepest part of the system and removes the threat completely.
Uninstall Backdoor.Win32.zepfod.yy from your PC using Control Panel
To Uninstall Backdoor.Win32.zepfod.yy threat using Control Panel, following are the steps given below
For Windows XP,Vista and 7
STEP 1:-Click start button or windows logo and then go to control panel
STEP 2:- Find the related program and select it . Then click on change /remove
STEP 3:- Follow the uninstall process
FOR WINDOWS 8 and 10
STEP 1:- Click on search butoon>control panel>move to apps>click the desired program to uninstall
STEP 2:- Click on uninstall a program
Remove Backdoor.Win32.zepfod.yy extensions or add-ons from browsers
Remove and delete all the extra add-ons and extensions that is present on the browser by following these simple steps for respective browsers.
For Internet Explorer
- Start IE and click on Tools button and then go to Manage Add-ons.
- Choose unknown add-on entries associated with Backdoor.Win32.zepfod.yy and remove or diable them.
- Restart IE for complete effect.
For Google Chrome
- Start chrome and then click on WRENCH or 3 horizontal bar icon at the top left cornor of the browser
- Click on tools and then Extensions located at the left side of the Panel
- Select Backdoor.Win32.zepfod.yy extension and click on remove button to Uninstall this extensions
- Restart the system.
For Mozilla Firefox
- Start firefox and click on tools menu
- Then select Add-ons > Extensions
- Choose unknown add-on entries associated with Backdoor.Win32.zepfod.yy and remove or disable them.
- Restart your system for steps to take effect.
Delete Backdoor.Win32.zepfod.yy Using Automatic Removal Tool
Removing Backdoor.Win32.zepfod.yy manually is a very difficult task as it requires deep knowledge of system files. That’s why to remove this infection Choosing “Automatic Removal Tool” is much more better option because It is simple, user friendly and trustworthy which can be used by beginners also. Automatic removal tool is designed in such a way that it removes the threat completely and to the core. Moreover, it protects the PC from future attack.
1. Firstly, download and install “Automatic Removal Tool” into the infected PC and double click to start the program.
2. Scanning process bar will be seen on your screen
3. List of all the infections including Backdoor.Win32.zepfod.yy that has been found will be previewed after completion of scanning process.
4. Click on Remove button to remove all that infections found.
5. After removing all the threats from the PC, restart the computer to work smoothly.
Reset Browser Settings – [Optional]
If users are unable to remove Backdoor.Win32.zepfod.yy from PC they can also go for the reset browsers settings option. Modify your browser settings to default value this process will remove the infection completely. Please remember that it will remove all your personal settings which you have saved on the browser previously.
For Internet Explorer
- Start IE and click on Tools option then select Internet Option
- Then select internet options>advanced and click reset option
- Check delete personal settings and click reset button
- Restart your system
For Google Chrome
- Start chrome>wrench or 3 horizontal bars on the top right corner of browser
- Then settings>and click on show advanced settings
- Reset browser settings button
- Restart your system
For Mozilla Firefox
- Select Orange Firefox (or similar) button from top left corner of the Firefox window
- Click on Help>Choose Troubleshooting information
- Choose Reset Firefox option >click again to reconfirm
- Select Finish button
- Firefox will restart automatically.
Now a days cyber crooks are finding new and advanced techniques to spreed different kinds of malware and viruses which are very dangerous in nature hence automatic removal tool delete Backdoor.Win32.zepfod.yy from the system effectively along with all the extensions and add-ons but it is necessary to take proper precautions while surfing the internet and installing any program in your system. By being attentive and keeping awareness you can decrease the possibility of virus attacks. Below are some of the basic security measures you can follow and keep your PC safe.
- Update your operating system regularly
- Turn on safe browsing function
- Install a powerful anti-virus program and keep it up to date
- Always choose custom and advanced installation option
- Avoid clicking on unwanted ads,pop-ups and any malicious links