gandcrab v2 virus is a file encrypting program which associate to the ransomware family. It will lock your file and adjoin GDCB file extension subsequently. It has enacted in the cyberspace at the last January 2018. This virus is generated or coded by experts for illegal purposes. It elevates to infect devious windows based OS and Mac OS. It is mostly targeted on a 64-bit system. This malicious virus appetite or demand 1.54 DASH which is equal to ~$1130 in exchange for the decryption key which is recommended by the criminals. gandcrab v2 virus is a malicious rootkit. This virus coercion the users to pay the ransom to get back your important data. gandcrab v2 virus also uses symmetric and asymmetric cryptography in which file decryption is not possible without the key.
gandcrab v2 virus is mainly spreading through spam email messages with the random numbers.The second part of the email address is the same @cdkconstruction.org but the name of the sender may vary. This ransomware accommodates DOC and PDF attachments. The .doc file afterward executes a PowerShell script and generate an exploit file (sct5.txt), which mostly vitiate 64-bit system. After that, this virus starts corrupt your all data which is stored on your system.users are not capable to access your files. This ransomware conceals its presence in your system and disguise as a legitimate system process. It also locks your firewall security and system setting. It can also make your system slow and get information about the Users via this ransomware.It threatens the user to pay the ransom and get back your encrypting file.
Try to avoid attaching any emails from the unknown sites. You are hardly advice to delete this virus as soon as possible. If you install something for free, always read installation agreements.Use only reliable and proven software, be careful with downloading, do not click on suspicious links and you will increase the level of your security. These actions help to protect your system and do not allow viruses and unwanted apps to come in. Try to safe your PC from this malicious virus.
gandcrab v2 virus is classified as a perilous infection that invades into users system without their knowledge and consent. As soon as this threat infiltrates into PC it will create lots of vulnerabilities and mess up users system.
1. It will change windows registry settings and modify system files and folders.
2. Apart from that it will silently inject malicious codes into toolbar and gives you trouble by displaying endless ads, pop-ups, banners, coupons and deals of different sites.
3. This infection is capable of hijacking your browser and whenever you search it will redirect you to other malicious webpages.
4. The worst and the most dangerous part of gandcrab v2 virus is that it creates a loophole for other malware and spyware to attack and take control of your PC and steal your confidential and financial information like bank account details, IP address, passwords,email ids and other documents for illegal purpose.
5. Your system will hang and freeze out on a regular basis and it will take lot of time start up. It will slow down the performance of your system drastically and eat lots of RAM and CPU space.
Why Anti-virus Program Fails to Protect PC from gandcrab v2 virus Attack ?
Most of the anti virus programs fails to protect PC from gandcrab v2 virus attack because it hides itself in deepest part of your system and works in the background process and has the capacity to disable your current anti-virus program therefore they can not get detected. Additionally, keeping the anti-virus program out of date or at low security level may also be the reason for the failure in the detection of this threat.
How to remove gandcrab v2 virus
If this infection stays in your system for a longer period it will create further damage. So, it would be better to remove it immediately.gandcrab v2 virus can be removed manually or by using any tool. Manual removal is done by cyber experts and it is hard to perform. Furthermore, it sometimes fails to remove all the infections from computer. Therefore the best and most easy method to remove this virus is by using “Automatic Removal Tool” because it scans to the deepest part of the system and removes the threat completely.
Uninstall gandcrab v2 virus from your PC using Control Panel
To Uninstall gandcrab v2 virus threat using Control Panel, following are the steps given below
For Windows XP,Vista and 7
STEP 1:-Click start button or windows logo and then go to control panel
STEP 2:- Find the related program and select it . Then click on change /remove
STEP 3:- Follow the uninstall process
FOR WINDOWS 8 and 10
STEP 1:- Click on search butoon>control panel>move to apps>click the desired program to uninstall
STEP 2:- Click on uninstall a program
Remove gandcrab v2 virus extensions or add-ons from browsers
Remove and delete all the extra add-ons and extensions that is present on the browser by following these simple steps for respective browsers.
For Internet Explorer
- Start IE and click on Tools button and then go to Manage Add-ons.
- Choose unknown add-on entries associated with gandcrab v2 virus and remove or diable them.
- Restart IE for complete effect.
For Google Chrome
- Start chrome and then click on WRENCH or 3 horizontal bar icon at the top left cornor of the browser
- Click on tools and then Extensions located at the left side of the Panel
- Select gandcrab v2 virus extension and click on remove button to Uninstall this extensions
- Restart the system.
For Mozilla Firefox
- Start firefox and click on tools menu
- Then select Add-ons > Extensions
- Choose unknown add-on entries associated with gandcrab v2 virus and remove or disable them.
- Restart your system for steps to take effect.
Delete gandcrab v2 virus Using Automatic Removal Tool
Removing gandcrab v2 virus manually is a very difficult task as it requires deep knowledge of system files. That’s why to remove this infection Choosing “Automatic Removal Tool” is much more better option because It is simple, user friendly and trustworthy which can be used by beginners also. Automatic removal tool is designed in such a way that it removes the threat completely and to the core. Moreover, it protects the PC from future attack.
1. Firstly, download and install “Automatic Removal Tool” into the infected PC and double click to start the program.
2. Scanning process bar will be seen on your screen
3. List of all the infections including gandcrab v2 virus that has been found will be previewed after completion of scanning process.
4. Click on Remove button to remove all that infections found.
5. After removing all the threats from the PC, restart the computer to work smoothly.
Reset Browser Settings – [Optional]
If users are unable to remove gandcrab v2 virus from PC they can also go for the reset browsers settings option. Modify your browser settings to default value this process will remove the infection completely. Please remember that it will remove all your personal settings which you have saved on the browser previously.
For Internet Explorer
- Start IE and click on Tools option then select Internet Option
- Then select internet options>advanced and click reset option
- Check delete personal settings and click reset button
- Restart your system
For Google Chrome
- Start chrome>wrench or 3 horizontal bars on the top right corner of browser
- Then settings>and click on show advanced settings
- Reset browser settings button
- Restart your system
For Mozilla Firefox
- Select Orange Firefox (or similar) button from top left corner of the Firefox window
- Click on Help>Choose Troubleshooting information
- Choose Reset Firefox option >click again to reconfirm
- Select Finish button
- Firefox will restart automatically.
Now a days cyber crooks are finding new and advanced techniques to spreed different kinds of malware and viruses which are very dangerous in nature hence automatic removal tool delete gandcrab v2 virus from the system effectively along with all the extensions and add-ons but it is necessary to take proper precautions while surfing the internet and installing any program in your system. By being attentive and keeping awareness you can decrease the possibility of virus attacks. Below are some of the basic security measures you can follow and keep your PC safe.
- Update your operating system regularly
- Turn on safe browsing function
- Install a powerful anti-virus program and keep it up to date
- Always choose custom and advanced installation option
- Avoid clicking on unwanted ads,pop-ups and any malicious links