When i start my PC, Windows Defender Security Center Pop-up appears on the screen and displays that my system is under threat. It also says that i need to remove the threats immediately otherwise my system will become useless. I am unable to understand the ways to deal with the situation. I am looking forward for the effective steps to get rid of Windows Defender Security Center Pop-up. If you have any idea about it then please help me. All the suggestions will be highly appreciated.
Windows Defender Security Center Pop-up is identified as scam alert which occurs due to the presence of adware or potentially unwanted programs. It claims that “Your computer is under threat” and infected with spyware or malwares. Windows Defender Security Center Pop-up also says that the personal identity of the users is at high risk. It suggests the users to call on+1-855-559-2111 in order to get instant help from the technical experts. Beware because it is only a scam of the third party hackers which should not be trusted by the users anymore. After calling, it will force you to pay for bogus programs and steals the financial details by tracking your online payments. Therefore, users should try to get rid of Windows Defender Security Center Pop-up immediately after detection.
Windows Defender Security Center Pop-up will only divert the online session of the users to malicious sites and floods the screen with fake advertisements. Clicking its links will open several new tabs in the web browser which can result to crashing of the operating system. Moreover, it is capable to drop unknown extensions in Chrome, Firefox, IE and performs changes in the default settings of the PC. The running speed of the PC will also start to decrease day-by-day in which system will take long time in booting process. Its worst impacts can also disable the working of installed programs and security tools. Moreover, you will find that updated antivirus program and Windows Firewall alert has stopped responding. So, if you don’t want to pay heavy penalty in future then block Windows Defender Security Center Pop-up as early as possible.
Windows Defender Security Center Pop-up is classified as a perilous infection that invades into users system without their knowledge and consent. As soon as this threat infiltrates into PC it will create lots of vulnerabilities and mess up users system.
1. It will change windows registry settings and modify system files and folders.
2. Apart from that it will silently inject malicious codes into toolbar and gives you trouble by displaying endless ads, pop-ups, banners, coupons and deals of different sites.
3. This infection is capable of hijacking your browser and whenever you search it will redirect you to other malicious webpages.
4. The worst and the most dangerous part of Windows Defender Security Center Pop-up is that it creates a loophole for other malware and spyware to attack and take control of your PC and steal your confidential and financial information like bank account details, IP address, passwords,email ids and other documents for illegal purpose.
5. Your system will hang and freeze out on a regular basis and it will take lot of time start up. It will slow down the performance of your system drastically and eat lots of RAM and CPU space.
Why Anti-virus Program Fails to Protect PC from Windows Defender Security Center Pop-up Attack ?
Most of the anti virus programs fails to protect PC from Windows Defender Security Center Pop-up attack because it hides itself in deepest part of your system and works in the background process and has the capacity to disable your current anti-virus program therefore they can not get detected. Additionally, keeping the anti-virus program out of date or at low security level may also be the reason for the failure in the detection of this threat.
How to remove Windows Defender Security Center Pop-up
If this infection stays in your system for a longer period it will create further damage. So, it would be better to remove it immediately.Windows Defender Security Center Pop-up can be removed manually or by using any tool. Manual removal is done by cyber experts and it is hard to perform. Furthermore, it sometimes fails to remove all the infections from computer. Therefore the best and most easy method to remove this virus is by using “Automatic Removal Tool” because it scans to the deepest part of the system and removes the threat completely.
Uninstall Windows Defender Security Center Pop-up from your PC using Control Panel
To Uninstall Windows Defender Security Center Pop-up threat using Control Panel, following are the steps given below
For Windows XP,Vista and 7
STEP 1:-Click start button or windows logo and then go to control panel
STEP 2:- Find the related program and select it . Then click on change /remove
STEP 3:- Follow the uninstall process
FOR WINDOWS 8 and 10
STEP 1:- Click on search butoon>control panel>move to apps>click the desired program to uninstall
STEP 2:- Click on uninstall a program
Remove Windows Defender Security Center Pop-up extensions or add-ons from browsers
Remove and delete all the extra add-ons and extensions that is present on the browser by following these simple steps for respective browsers.
For Internet Explorer
- Start IE and click on Tools button and then go to Manage Add-ons.
- Choose unknown add-on entries associated with Windows Defender Security Center Pop-up and remove or diable them.
- Restart IE for complete effect.
For Google Chrome
- Start chrome and then click on WRENCH or 3 horizontal bar icon at the top left cornor of the browser
- Click on tools and then Extensions located at the left side of the Panel
- Select Windows Defender Security Center Pop-up extension and click on remove button to Uninstall this extensions
- Restart the system.
For Mozilla Firefox
- Start firefox and click on tools menu
- Then select Add-ons > Extensions
- Choose unknown add-on entries associated with Windows Defender Security Center Pop-up and remove or disable them.
- Restart your system for steps to take effect.
Delete Windows Defender Security Center Pop-up Using Automatic Removal Tool
Removing Windows Defender Security Center Pop-up manually is a very difficult task as it requires deep knowledge of system files. That’s why to remove this infection Choosing “Automatic Removal Tool” is much more better option because It is simple, user friendly and trustworthy which can be used by beginners also. Automatic removal tool is designed in such a way that it removes the threat completely and to the core. Moreover, it protects the PC from future attack.
1. Firstly, download and install “Automatic Removal Tool” into the infected PC and double click to start the program.
2. Scanning process bar will be seen on your screen
3. List of all the infections including Windows Defender Security Center Pop-up that has been found will be previewed after completion of scanning process.
4. Click on Remove button to remove all that infections found.
5. After removing all the threats from the PC, restart the computer to work smoothly.
Reset Browser Settings – [Optional]
If users are unable to remove Windows Defender Security Center Pop-up from PC they can also go for the reset browsers settings option. Modify your browser settings to default value this process will remove the infection completely. Please remember that it will remove all your personal settings which you have saved on the browser previously.
For Internet Explorer
- Start IE and click on Tools option then select Internet Option
- Then select internet options>advanced and click reset option
- Check delete personal settings and click reset button
- Restart your system
For Google Chrome
- Start chrome>wrench or 3 horizontal bars on the top right corner of browser
- Then settings>and click on show advanced settings
- Reset browser settings button
- Restart your system
For Mozilla Firefox
- Select Orange Firefox (or similar) button from top left corner of the Firefox window
- Click on Help>Choose Troubleshooting information
- Choose Reset Firefox option >click again to reconfirm
- Select Finish button
- Firefox will restart automatically.
Now a days cyber crooks are finding new and advanced techniques to spreed different kinds of malware and viruses which are very dangerous in nature hence automatic removal tool delete Windows Defender Security Center Pop-up from the system effectively along with all the extensions and add-ons but it is necessary to take proper precautions while surfing the internet and installing any program in your system. By being attentive and keeping awareness you can decrease the possibility of virus attacks. Below are some of the basic security measures you can follow and keep your PC safe.
- Update your operating system regularly
- Turn on safe browsing function
- Install a powerful anti-virus program and keep it up to date
- Always choose custom and advanced installation option
- Avoid clicking on unwanted ads,pop-ups and any malicious links