I am fed up with automatic redirection of the search results to Searchcontrol.co. I really don’t know when and how it got installed in my PC. I am unable to visit any of the legitimate sites and floods of bogus alerts appears on the screen. I have tried hard to get rid of it manually but ended up with failure. Can you please help me to remove Searchcontrol.co completely from my PC? How can I stop its entrance in future? Thank you so much for help in advance.
Searchcontrol.co is recognized as browser hijacker whose interface looks like a genuine search engine site. It can invade in the PC without any prior notification and carries ability to perform changes in the homepage browser. In fact, you will find unknown extensions or add-ons in the Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox etc which will divert your browsing to Searchcontrol.co. It has capability to use your cookies or surfing history to display advertisements of your choice. You will find unstoppable pop ups and advertisements on the screen with sponsored download links. It claims that your installed programs are outdated and you need to install the latest version. This hijacker also provides free download links of various programs including anti-virus, Java version, media player etc. Searchcontrol.co is not a legitimate domain, so try to remove it instantly after detection.
The main objective of the hackers is to drive more traffic on Searchcontrol.co through illegal ways. It is capable to divert your online session to the unauthorized sites of the hackers and tries to trap the users in its scam. You will be shocked to know that if you will download program from its links then lots of additional low quality software will also invade in the system. It will affect the system performance severely and slow down the running speed of all the basic functions including Internet connection. It may also stop the users from visiting any legitimate sites of your choice. Apart from this, it also aims to gather the credential data of the users and send them to the remote location server with malignant motive. Hence, if you don’t want to face such troubles in future then remove Searchcontrol.co as early as possible after detection.
Searchcontrol.co is classified as a perilous infection that invades into users system without their knowledge and consent. As soon as this threat infiltrates into PC it will create lots of vulnerabilities and mess up users system.
1. It will change windows registry settings and modify system files and folders.2. Apart from that it will silently inject malicious codes into toolbar and gives you trouble by displaying endless ads, pop-ups, banners, coupons and deals of different sites.3. This infection is capable of hijacking your browser and whenever you search it will redirect you to other malicious webpages.4. The worst and the most dangerous part of Searchcontrol.co is that it creates a loophole for other malware and spyware to attack and take control of your PC and steal your confidential and financial information like bank account details, IP address, passwords,email ids and other documents for illegal purpose.5. Your system will hang and freeze out on a regular basis and it will take lot of time start up. It will slow down the performance of your system drastically and eat lots of RAM and CPU space.
Why Anti-virus Program Fails to Protect PC from Searchcontrol.co Attack ?
Most of the anti virus programs fails to protect PC from Searchcontrol.co attack because it hides itself in deepest part of your system and works in the background process and has the capacity to disable your current anti-virus program therefore they can not get detected. Additionally, keeping the anti-virus program out of date or at low security level may also be the reason for the failure in the detection of this threat.
How to remove Searchcontrol.co
If this infection stays in your system for a longer period it will create further damage. So, it would be better to remove it immediately.Searchcontrol.co can be removed manually or by using any tool. Manual removal is done by cyber experts and it is hard to perform. Furthermore, it sometimes fails to remove all the infections from computer. Therefore the best and most easy method to remove this virus is by using “Automatic Removal Tool” because it scans to the deepest part of the system and removes the threat completely.
Uninstall Searchcontrol.co from your PC using Control Panel
To Uninstall Searchcontrol.co threat using Control Panel, following are the steps given below
For Windows XP,Vista and 7STEP 1:-Click start button or windows logo and then go to control panel>program
STEP 2:- Find the related program and select it . Then click on change /removeoption.
STEP 3:- Follow the uninstall process
FOR WINDOWS 8 and 10STEP 1:- Click on search butoon>control panel>move to apps>click the desired program to uninstall
STEP 2:- Click on uninstall a program
Remove Searchcontrol.co extensions or add-ons from browsersRemove and delete all the extra add-ons and extensions that is present on the browser by following these simple steps for respective browsers.
For Internet Explorer
- Start IE and click on Tools button and then go to Manage Add-ons.
- Choose unknown add-on entries associated with Searchcontrol.co and remove or diable them.
- Restart IE for complete effect.
For Google Chrome
- Start chrome and then click on WRENCH or 3 horizontal bar icon at the top left cornor of the browser
- Click on tools and then Extensions located at the left side of the Panel
- Select Searchcontrol.co extension and click on remove button to Uninstall this extensions
- Restart the system.
For Mozilla Firefox
- Start firefox and click on tools menu
- Then select Add-ons > Extensions
- Choose unknown add-on entries associated with Searchcontrol.co and remove or disable them.
- Restart your system for steps to take effect.
Reset Browser Settings – [Optional]If users are unable to remove Searchcontrol.co from PC they can also go for the reset browsers settings option. Modify your browser settings to default value this process will remove the infection completely. Please remember that it will remove all your personal settings which you have saved on the browser previously.
For Internet Explorer
- Start IE and click on Tools option then select Internet Option
- Then select internet options>advanced and click reset option
- Check delete personal settings and click reset button
- Restart your system
For Google Chrome
- Start chrome>wrench or 3 horizontal bars on the top right corner of browser
- Then settings>and click on show advanced settings
- Reset browser settings button
- Restart your system
For Mozilla Firefox
- Select Orange Firefox (or similar) button from top left corner of the Firefox window
- Click on Help>Choose Troubleshooting information
- Choose Reset Firefox option >click again to reconfirm
- Select Finish button
- Firefox will restart automatically.
Delete Searchcontrol.co Using Automatic Removal Tool
Removing Searchcontrol.co manually is a very difficult task as it requires deep knowledge of system files. That’s why to remove this infection Choosing “Automatic Removal Tool” is much more better option because It is simple, user friendly and trustworthy which can be used by beginners also. Automatic removal tool is designed in such a way that it removes the threat completely and to the core. Moreover, it protects the PC from future attack.
Now a days cyber crooks are finding new and advanced techniques to spreed different kinds of malware and viruses which are very dangerous in nature hence automatic removal tool delete Searchcontrol.co from the system effectively along with all the extensions and add-ons but it is necessary to take proper precautions while surfing the internet and installing any program in your system. By being attentive and keeping awareness you can decrease the possibility of virus attacks. Below are some of the basic security measures you can follow and keep your PC safe.
- Update your operating system regularly
- Turn on safe browsing function
- Install a powerful anti-virus program and keep it up to date
- Always choose custom and advanced installation option
- Avoid clicking on unwanted ads,pop-ups and any malicious links