Today when i launched my Firefox browser then “Update for Firefox 58.0” Pop-up appeared on the screen. It displayed that browser is outdated and i need to install the latest version to surf normally. I was about to proceed but one of my friend told that it is not a trustworthy alert. I am having troubles in surfing normally. Do i need to download the update? Is “Update for Firefox 58.0” Pop-up legitimate? What should i need to do now? Please help me.
“Update for Firefox 58.0” Pop-up is regarded as bogus alert which is caused by adware or unwanted programs. This alert will automatically appear on the screen when you will launch the Firefox browsers. “Update for Firefox 58.0” Pop-up says that user need to download the latest version of the software from its link. It claims to provide advanced features and fastest browsing speed. But you need to know that when you will proceed to install the program without checking its EULA (End Users Licensed Agreements) then lots of additional low quality software will also invade in the PC. You should be careful and try to opt advanced or custom installation process. If you detect any option which asks to install free program then uncheck it immediately. Thus, do not trust “Update for Firefox 58.0” Pop-up anymore.
“Update for Firefox 58.0” Pop-up is capable to re-route the Google, yahoo and Bing search results of the users to malicious sites. Even more, it is capable to drop its own extensions in your web browser secretly and can perform changes in the default system settings. Most of the installed programs will stop responding and generate bogus messages. Additionally, you will detect sluggish speed in the running speed of the PC and Internet connection. Apart from this, it also targets the sensitive information of the users and bypasses them to the remote location server. Its presence is high risk for the PC as well as users identity. So, try to get rid of “Update for Firefox 58.0” Pop-up as early as possible after detection in the system.
“Update for Firefox 58.0” Pop-up is classified as a perilous infection that invades into users system without their knowledge and consent. As soon as this threat infiltrates into PC it will create lots of vulnerabilities and mess up users system.
1. It will change windows registry settings and modify system files and folders.
2. Apart from that it will silently inject malicious codes into toolbar and gives you trouble by displaying endless ads, pop-ups, banners, coupons and deals of different sites.
3. This infection is capable of hijacking your browser and whenever you search it will redirect you to other malicious webpages.
4. The worst and the most dangerous part of “Update for Firefox 58.0” Pop-up is that it creates a loophole for other malware and spyware to attack and take control of your PC and steal your confidential and financial information like bank account details, IP address, passwords,email ids and other documents for illegal purpose.
5. Your system will hang and freeze out on a regular basis and it will take lot of time start up. It will slow down the performance of your system drastically and eat lots of RAM and CPU space.
Why Anti-virus Program Fails to Protect PC from “Update for Firefox 58.0” Pop-up Attack ?
Most of the anti virus programs fails to protect PC from “Update for Firefox 58.0” Pop-up attack because it hides itself in deepest part of your system and works in the background process and has the capacity to disable your current anti-virus program therefore they can not get detected. Additionally, keeping the anti-virus program out of date or at low security level may also be the reason for the failure in the detection of this threat.
How to remove “Update for Firefox 58.0” Pop-up
If this infection stays in your system for a longer period it will create further damage. So, it would be better to remove it immediately.“Update for Firefox 58.0” Pop-up can be removed manually or by using any tool. Manual removal is done by cyber experts and it is hard to perform. Furthermore, it sometimes fails to remove all the infections from computer. Therefore the best and most easy method to remove this virus is by using “Automatic Removal Tool” because it scans to the deepest part of the system and removes the threat completely.
Uninstall “Update for Firefox 58.0” Pop-up from your PC using Control Panel
To Uninstall “Update for Firefox 58.0” Pop-up threat using Control Panel, following are the steps given below
For Windows XP,Vista and 7
STEP 1:-Click start button or windows logo and then go to control panel
STEP 2:- Find the related program and select it . Then click on change /remove
STEP 3:- Follow the uninstall process
FOR WINDOWS 8 and 10
STEP 1:- Click on search butoon>control panel>move to apps>click the desired program to uninstall
STEP 2:- Click on uninstall a program
Remove “Update for Firefox 58.0” Pop-up extensions or add-ons from browsers
Remove and delete all the extra add-ons and extensions that is present on the browser by following these simple steps for respective browsers.
For Internet Explorer
- Start IE and click on Tools button and then go to Manage Add-ons.
- Choose unknown add-on entries associated with “Update for Firefox 58.0” Pop-up and remove or diable them.
- Restart IE for complete effect.
For Google Chrome
- Start chrome and then click on WRENCH or 3 horizontal bar icon at the top left cornor of the browser
- Click on tools and then Extensions located at the left side of the Panel
- Select “Update for Firefox 58.0” Pop-up extension and click on remove button to Uninstall this extensions
- Restart the system.
For Mozilla Firefox
- Start firefox and click on tools menu
- Then select Add-ons > Extensions
- Choose unknown add-on entries associated with “Update for Firefox 58.0” Pop-up and remove or disable them.
- Restart your system for steps to take effect.
Delete “Update for Firefox 58.0” Pop-up Using Automatic Removal Tool
Removing “Update for Firefox 58.0” Pop-up manually is a very difficult task as it requires deep knowledge of system files. That’s why to remove this infection Choosing “Automatic Removal Tool” is much more better option because It is simple, user friendly and trustworthy which can be used by beginners also. Automatic removal tool is designed in such a way that it removes the threat completely and to the core. Moreover, it protects the PC from future attack.
1. Firstly, download and install “Automatic Removal Tool” into the infected PC and double click to start the program.
2. Scanning process bar will be seen on your screen
3. List of all the infections including “Update for Firefox 58.0” Pop-up that has been found will be previewed after completion of scanning process.
4. Click on Remove button to remove all that infections found.
5. After removing all the threats from the PC, restart the computer to work smoothly.
Reset Browser Settings – [Optional]
If users are unable to remove “Update for Firefox 58.0” Pop-up from PC they can also go for the reset browsers settings option. Modify your browser settings to default value this process will remove the infection completely. Please remember that it will remove all your personal settings which you have saved on the browser previously.
For Internet Explorer
- Start IE and click on Tools option then select Internet Option
- Then select internet options>advanced and click reset option
- Check delete personal settings and click reset button
- Restart your system
For Google Chrome
- Start chrome>wrench or 3 horizontal bars on the top right corner of browser
- Then settings>and click on show advanced settings
- Reset browser settings button
- Restart your system
For Mozilla Firefox
- Select Orange Firefox (or similar) button from top left corner of the Firefox window
- Click on Help>Choose Troubleshooting information
- Choose Reset Firefox option >click again to reconfirm
- Select Finish button
- Firefox will restart automatically.
Now a days cyber crooks are finding new and advanced techniques to spreed different kinds of malware and viruses which are very dangerous in nature hence automatic removal tool delete “Update for Firefox 58.0” Pop-up from the system effectively along with all the extensions and add-ons but it is necessary to take proper precautions while surfing the internet and installing any program in your system. By being attentive and keeping awareness you can decrease the possibility of virus attacks. Below are some of the basic security measures you can follow and keep your PC safe.
- Update your operating system regularly
- Turn on safe browsing function
- Install a powerful anti-virus program and keep it up to date
- Always choose custom and advanced installation option
- Avoid clicking on unwanted ads,pop-ups and any malicious links