If your computer is affected with kere.gdn, then you are in a serious problem. Your computer is infected with a virus which falls in the category of Potentially unwanted Application or PUA. This virus directly affects the browser applications installed on the system. It starts to display tons of ads on the web pages a user visits on the computer screen. kere.gdn also calls lots of Pop-up windows on the screen of the computer. These windows are filled with lots of ads all over the computer. They are very irritating also. The vicious PUA also changes the home page and new tab page of the browser. It also alters the search engine of the browser application. This malicious PUA completely hampers the net surfing experience of the user on the computer.
When kere.gdn changes the search engine, it completely changes the behavior of the infected web browser. This directly affects the performance of the search engine. When user searches something from the infected browser, they do not get genuine results. The infected browser starts to display irrelevant results. For instance, the web pages shown in the search results have nothing to do with the query searched by the user. kere.gdn will show such websites which have nothing to do with user’s query. These sites are placed there to increase traffic on them. This is a way for the virus developers to make money. They also make money from pay per click programs and that is why they will also take you to advertising sites.
kere.gdn is also capable on spying on the activities of the victim of this PUA. It is coded and designed in such a manner by its developers that the virus can collect and analyze information from the infected computer. This virus starts to keep a record of the queries searched by a user on the computer system. These queries are recorded in a separate module. The harmful PUA also looks for the IP address of the sites visited by the user of the computer. These information are mixed up to know the online behavior and preferences of the user. The dangerous virus is also trying to figure out the credit card number and other details related with it. It is also trying to figure out the online banking password and user name. It is advisable to remove kere.gdn.
kere.gdn is classified as a perilous infection that invades into users system without their knowledge and consent. As soon as this threat infiltrates into PC it will create lots of vulnerabilities and mess up users system.
1. It will change windows registry settings and modify system files and folders.
2. Apart from that it will silently inject malicious codes into toolbar and gives you trouble by displaying endless ads, pop-ups, banners, coupons and deals of different sites.
3. This infection is capable of hijacking your browser and whenever you search it will redirect you to other malicious webpages.
4. The worst and the most dangerous part of kere.gdn is that it creates a loophole for other malware and spyware to attack and take control of your PC and steal your confidential and financial information like bank account details, IP address, passwords,email ids and other documents for illegal purpose.
5. Your system will hang and freeze out on a regular basis and it will take lot of time start up. It will slow down the performance of your system drastically and eat lots of RAM and CPU space.
Why Anti-virus Program Fails to Protect PC from kere.gdn Attack ?
Most of the anti virus programs fails to protect PC from kere.gdn attack because it hides itself in deepest part of your system and works in the background process and has the capacity to disable your current anti-virus program therefore they can not get detected. Additionally, keeping the anti-virus program out of date or at low security level may also be the reason for the failure in the detection of this threat.
How to remove kere.gdn
If this infection stays in your system for a longer period it will create further damage. So, it would be better to remove it immediately.kere.gdn can be removed manually or by using any tool. Manual removal is done by cyber experts and it is hard to perform. Furthermore, it sometimes fails to remove all the infections from computer. Therefore the best and most easy method to remove this virus is by using “Automatic Removal Tool” because it scans to the deepest part of the system and removes the threat completely.
Uninstall kere.gdn from your PC using Control Panel
To Uninstall kere.gdn threat using Control Panel, following are the steps given below
For Windows XP,Vista and 7
STEP 1:-Click start button or windows logo and then go to control panel
STEP 2:- Find the related program and select it . Then click on change /remove
STEP 3:- Follow the uninstall process
FOR WINDOWS 8 and 10
STEP 1:- Click on search butoon>control panel>move to apps>click the desired program to uninstall
STEP 2:- Click on uninstall a program
Remove kere.gdn extensions or add-ons from browsers
Remove and delete all the extra add-ons and extensions that is present on the browser by following these simple steps for respective browsers.
For Internet Explorer
- Start IE and click on Tools button and then go to Manage Add-ons.
- Choose unknown add-on entries associated with kere.gdn and remove or diable them.
- Restart IE for complete effect.
For Google Chrome
- Start chrome and then click on WRENCH or 3 horizontal bar icon at the top left cornor of the browser
- Click on tools and then Extensions located at the left side of the Panel
- Select kere.gdn extension and click on remove button to Uninstall this extensions
- Restart the system.
For Mozilla Firefox
- Start firefox and click on tools menu
- Then select Add-ons > Extensions
- Choose unknown add-on entries associated with kere.gdn and remove or disable them.
- Restart your system for steps to take effect.
Delete kere.gdn Using Automatic Removal Tool
Removing kere.gdn manually is a very difficult task as it requires deep knowledge of system files. That’s why to remove this infection Choosing “Automatic Removal Tool” is much more better option because It is simple, user friendly and trustworthy which can be used by beginners also. Automatic removal tool is designed in such a way that it removes the threat completely and to the core. Moreover, it protects the PC from future attack.
1. Firstly, download and install “Automatic Removal Tool” into the infected PC and double click to start the program.
2. Scanning process bar will be seen on your screen
3. List of all the infections including kere.gdn that has been found will be previewed after completion of scanning process.
4. Click on Remove button to remove all that infections found.
5. After removing all the threats from the PC, restart the computer to work smoothly.
Reset Browser Settings – [Optional]
If users are unable to remove kere.gdn from PC they can also go for the reset browsers settings option. Modify your browser settings to default value this process will remove the infection completely. Please remember that it will remove all your personal settings which you have saved on the browser previously.
For Internet Explorer
- Start IE and click on Tools option then select Internet Option
- Then select internet options>advanced and click reset option
- Check delete personal settings and click reset button
- Restart your system
For Google Chrome
- Start chrome>wrench or 3 horizontal bars on the top right corner of browser
- Then settings>and click on show advanced settings
- Reset browser settings button
- Restart your system
For Mozilla Firefox
- Select Orange Firefox (or similar) button from top left corner of the Firefox window
- Click on Help>Choose Troubleshooting information
- Choose Reset Firefox option >click again to reconfirm
- Select Finish button
- Firefox will restart automatically.
Now a days cyber crooks are finding new and advanced techniques to spreed different kinds of malware and viruses which are very dangerous in nature hence automatic removal tool delete kere.gdn from the system effectively along with all the extensions and add-ons but it is necessary to take proper precautions while surfing the internet and installing any program in your system. By being attentive and keeping awareness you can decrease the possibility of virus attacks. Below are some of the basic security measures you can follow and keep your PC safe.
- Update your operating system regularly
- Turn on safe browsing function
- Install a powerful anti-virus program and keep it up to date
- Always choose custom and advanced installation option
- Avoid clicking on unwanted ads,pop-ups and any malicious links